Friday 21 May 2010

30-Day Muffin Round Up

As promised some more flavour ideas for the 30-day muffin recipes:

Apple and Raisin Muffins:
(makes 6-8 muffins)

2 small eating apples, peeled and chopped
100 g raisins
400 ml 30-day muffin batter
These were very tasty, I was a big fan of the juicy raisins and perhaps added a few more than was really needed. Mr M thought they would be better without any raisins so I made some without for the next batch.

Apple Muffins:
(makes 4 muffins)

2 small eating apples, peeled and grated
200 ml 30-day muffin batter
These muffins were a little flat, I think I tried to stretch the batter too far. Mr M loved the result though.

Cherry and Almond Muffins:
(makes 5 muffins)

1/3 cup ground almonds, plus extra for topping
Handful of chopped glace cherries
300 ml 30-day muffin batter
These were extra moist, I think this was probably due to the ground almonds. Next time I have a batch of batter in the fridge I may be tempted to add the almonds to every combination of ingredients, they don't add much flavour and will be a big improvement to the texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment